Trying to fit all the categories of my life (wife, mom, friend, employee, runner, baker, cleaner and all the others) hasn’t been exactly a breeze. Did I mention trying to stay chipper through all of this? It all became too much last weekend when Eric and I had a massive blow up that resulted in the kicking of a door and the throwing of bacon. Worst of all? I can’t remember what on Earth we were angry about.
And isn’t it funny how the things we need always come into our lives at exactly the right time? Last night I found this beautiful poem through another blog:
¾ cup shortening
1 c. granulated sugar
¼ cup molasses
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp. Baking soda
2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 tsp. Cloves
extra granulated sugar
1. Cream together shortening and sugar. Beat in egg and molasses.
2. Combine flour, soda, and spices; blend into creamed mixture
3. Shape into small balls (1 inch in diameter). Roll the tops of balls in sugar.
4. Place 2 inches apart on baking sheet.
5. Bake at 350 F. for 8-10 minutes or until golden. Don’t overbake.
6. Cookies can be removed just as tops are starting to crackle. Cool on baking sheets for a few minutes, then remove to wire racks to cool completely. Makes about 40 cookies.
He mentioned something about forgetting the baking soda, so I’m not sure that it’s that necessary to this recipe, the cookies seemed fine without it.
So hopefully I’ll be getting back onto my blogging horse here and squeezing the most out of every second the day has to offer. As always…